About This Blog

This blog came about in 2010 when I had to have toe surgery. I had a journey to write about so I set it up. Now in 2016 I found out that I have a congenital heart defect and that I will require open heart surgery to correct it.

I'm using this blog as a way to offload my crazy brain into a format that I can share with my friends if they are interested in reading it, and also to document my journey so that I can read it in the future and laugh about it :)

Fair warning: My blog posts are mostly a uninteresting, unintelligible mix of disorganized thoughts.

I love comments and shares so please feel free to interact!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @srphayre if you like photos of sunrises and sunsets.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Twas the night before...Heart Surgery!

Well here we are at 10pm, the night before the big day. In 6 hours, I'm getting up, wiping down with CHG wipes. "What the hell are CHG wipes?" I didn't hear you ask...

Chlorhexidine Gluconate wipes are used to clean down your body before you undergo surgery (and are often used during postoperative care to keep things clean). Tomorrow, when I wake up and disrobe, I will use a numbered sequence of wipes to clean down my body,  then air dry. Then I'll get dressed into clean clothes and I'm ready to hit the road. 


We're fortunate enough to have my wife's parents visiting so they will (poor things) have to get up and come over to our house from the cottage on our property at 4:15a to be the adults in the house to help the kids get ready and out for school at the appropriate time tomorrow. 

I'm excited to be getting this heart valve replaced tomorrow and to start the journey back to a working heart! Now... I wonder what the chances of a great night's sleep tonight is... 

Here's a photo of me getting ready to head to bed:


4 comments:

  1. Praying! What a big day for you. I am so glad to know from talking to you that you trust that you have some if the best doctors with you. Hugs to you from the Warners dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you all today. Much love. Fiona.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... best cardiac hospital in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete