About This Blog

This blog came about in 2010 when I had to have toe surgery. I had a journey to write about so I set it up. Now in 2016 I found out that I have a congenital heart defect and that I will require open heart surgery to correct it.

I'm using this blog as a way to offload my crazy brain into a format that I can share with my friends if they are interested in reading it, and also to document my journey so that I can read it in the future and laugh about it :)

Fair warning: My blog posts are mostly a uninteresting, unintelligible mix of disorganized thoughts.

I love comments and shares so please feel free to interact!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @srphayre if you like photos of sunrises and sunsets.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Scar Selfie - Might be Considered Gross!!!

Here I am less than 2 days after open heart surgery!  I just walked 660 feet which, had I done it last Sunday before the operation, I would have been out of breath! I'm happy to report that it hardly even raised my heat rate! 



2 comments:

  1. Great news Stephen....we are keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Steve. The human body is an amazing machine.

    ReplyDelete