About This Blog

This blog came about in 2010 when I had to have toe surgery. I had a journey to write about so I set it up. Now in 2016 I found out that I have a congenital heart defect and that I will require open heart surgery to correct it.

I'm using this blog as a way to offload my crazy brain into a format that I can share with my friends if they are interested in reading it, and also to document my journey so that I can read it in the future and laugh about it :)

Fair warning: My blog posts are mostly a uninteresting, unintelligible mix of disorganized thoughts.

I love comments and shares so please feel free to interact!

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @srphayre if you like photos of sunrises and sunsets.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Rehab Can Wait Apparently

As the cold/cough thing has continued into today, I've had to reschedule my Cardiac Rehab until next week.  This makes me sad as I feel like it's a true setback to my recovery.  Not anything huge, but I have no energy from all of the coughing and sleep is great until I wake up.  I've been lucky enough to sleep until 5a most of the past nights, but as soon as I'm awake, it's cough cough cough. I'm taking meds but 

On a tangential side note, I used to really like sneezing. I'm not sure if that's a "thing" but if ever I felt like I was going to sneeze, it seemed like a great accomplishment and relief.  Now, with my sternal incision, I have to say that sneezes are one of the most painful things that I can do.  I also should note that I seem to have a pathological ability to remember the pain until it's too late and I'm blurting out a huge sneeze followed by an agonizing scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment